New features, coins and tokens will be added in future firmware updates as part of the Cobo Vault development roadmap.
At Cobo, we take the community’s suggestions seriously, and develop those items that matter most.
It’s extremely important that you know how to update the device in order to benefit from the updated features, additional coins and tokens that have been added. As best practice, all firmware updates must be downloaded from the official Cobo website, uploaded onto a TF Card, and then installed in the Cobo Vault.
Please follow the steps listed below to update firmware:
- Download the update from www.cobo.com.
- Select “Download” from the “Cobo Vault” tab and scroll down to download the firmware package.
- Once the firmware data package is downloaded, upload the file to a TF card (similar to an SD card).
- Note that the firmware package must be saved as update.zip on the TF card.
- This TF card can be inserted into Cobo Vault’s body to update its firmware directly.
- Unscrew the cover of the TF Card slot to access it. Note that the TF card must be in the FAT or FAT32 format.
- Turn on the device after inserting the TF card.
- Tap on the “Update now” prompt.
- If you do not see a prompt, go to settings and click “Update Now” next to the version number.
- A prompt will remind you to secure your mnemonic phrase before updating. If you have secured your mnemonic phrase, click on “Update Now” to update the device.
Please email email@example.com if you face any issues while updating the device.
The Cobo Vault sets a new benchmark for hardware wallets and is designed for investors who prioritize the security of their investment above everything else. The Cobo Vault is a stronghold, can survive almost anything, and is the most secure hardware wallet on the market today!
A word of caution though — always buy the wallet directly from the company or from an authorized reseller to avoid tampering and fraud.